Here is a list of workshop choices.
Please note that these workshops are free and open to all members during the pandemic. Take advantage of this opportunity.
The first two Winter Leadership Conferences (WLC) were a great success with almost 1,000 members registering. The last WLC, which will be on Saturday, March 6, 2021, will be virtual and will have no cost to participate. All NJEA members are eligible to attend.
The conference will offer the same 18 workshops and will be a one-day training opportunity with four hours of training. Like the other WLCs, this conference will not be geographically based since travel is not required. Therefore, members from throughout the state can register. The registration deadline is this Wednesday, Feb. 24, 2021 and no registrations will be accepted after these deadlines have passed.
When our WLCs are in-person, members can only register for one conference. The registration system that is being using for the virtual conferences also only allows you to register for one WLC. However, here’s a little secret….if you use a different email address you can register for another WLC. So, if you have already participated in WLC I or WLC II and want to register for another conference, now is your chance!
To complete your WLC registration, click on the following link — www.njea.org/wlc2021. You will need your NJEA PIN, which can be found on the front of your membership card.
9 – 9:30 a.m. General Session
9:30 – 10:30 a.m. Workshop Part 1
10:30 – 10:45 a.m. Break
10:45 – 11:45 a.m. Workshop Part 2
11:45 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Lunch
12:30 – 1:30 p.m. Workshop Part 3
1:30 – 1:45 p.m. Break
1:45 – 2:45 p.m. Workshop Part 4
Please consider sharing this information with colleagues who can also benefit from attending WLC.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yours in advocacy,
NJEA Leadership Committee
MARCH 6, 2021
Registration Deadline: Feb. 24
No registrations will be accepted after the deadlines have passed
- Presidents’ Roundtable
- X’s & O’s for Local Leaders
- Basic Treasurer’s Training
- AR—Key to a Strong Organization
- Legal Issues Affecting School Employees
- Grieve, Don’t Gripe—Contract Enforcement
- Preparing for Negotiations—Collective Bargaining
- Salary Guides—What All Members Should Know
- Bargaining Health Benefits
- Calling All Policy Wonks!
- Health and Safety: Are Your Schools Safe? NEW
- Minority Leadership Training
- Transforming White Privilege NEW
- Critical Conversations Around Race and Privilege: Ensuring Equity and
Inclusion in Our Associations NEW
- REAL Action Network: Movement-Building NEW at WLC
- Advocating for Trauma Informed Care in Our Schools NEW at WLC
- Special Education During a Pandemic NEW
- Don’t Be a Tool: Organizing Around Authentic School Improvement NEW
Questions? Email email@example.com.