Membership – Terrance Henry, Chair
- The Membership Committee oversees membership rosters and checks that all contact information is accurate and up-to-date.
- E-mail membership concerns to the IEA Office.
- Member Benefits
Negotiations – Michael Byock, Chair
- Negotiations will begin again in the 2023/24 school year!
- According to the IEA Constitution, the IEA President will appoint negotiation committee members
Budget Committee – Lauren Greenfield, Chair
- Budget Committee exists of the Elected officers within the Irvington Education Association.
- work with information and requests provided by officers, committees and others,
- will prepare a balanced budget to be presented to the Representative Council
Grievance – Shirley Henry, Chair
- Identifies contract violations and represents members.
- Level I Grievance form
- Classroom Observation form
- Lesson Plan form
Board-Staff Relations – Sharon Stringer, Chair
- Keep abreast of legislation that affects public education.
- Promotes letter-writing campaigns.
- Become a cyber-lobbyist and a watchdog for public education, and teacher/secretary benefits.
PRIDE/FAST – Lauren Greenfield, Chair
- Linda Battle Co-Chairperson
- Promote PRIDE events in your school!
- Members have access to apply to host events within there schools! Ask your Rep if you are interested.
Election – Nickarson Paul, Chair
- runs association elections: RA Delegate, Rep Elections etc.
Legislative Action – Nickarson Paul, Chair
- The purpose of the LAT is to support the work of the CCT and the GR committees.
Health and Safety – Kelly Harter
- The Health and Safety Committee seeks to identify any building issues that affects the health and safety of the children, our members, other employees and the public. We work with the Irvington BOE to resolve identified issues.
- Email Joe Romano if you are interested in joining or have any issue that needs to be addressed
MOC Affinity Group – Nancy Nunes and Fay Weatherington
- Is an intentional organizing effort to connect and engage with an underrepresented affinity group within our association.
- Our goal is to elevate the advocacy, engagement, and ownership that all members have in their union. Through targeted conversations and continual advocacy and educational opportunities, we believe we will grow a stronger association reflecting our rich diversity of membership.